Connecting Physician Offices Through The JHC Network
JHC was created by New Jersey providers for New Jersey providers, so we understand and appreciate the importance of maintaining control of data while still being able to exchange critical patient information. Key points about JHC for physicians to know, include:
- Jersey Health Connect is a non-profit health information exchange designed to give physicians improved reporting capabilities and enhanced connectivity to provide proactive, highly-coordinated and patient-centered care, all within their existing workflow.
- With JHC, physicians using most Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems can quickly and securely share information, helping to connect entire communities of providers together in a common network without the upfront implementation, IT staff and data center costs. JHC has effectively eliminated the costly barriers of HIE connectivity for its members and provides a solution that is adaptable and functional for physician practices of all sizes.
- Many of the hospitals and health systems in the JHC Network absorb a majority of the costs and associated expenses for their affiliated physicians and medical practices to participate in the HIE – leaving only one-time or minimal monthly fees to be a part of JHC.
- Across the care continuum, physician practices use a wide variety of EMRs and, until now, those disparate systems, which previously were unable to connect to one another, have prevented providers from sharing valuable patient information. JHC helps breakdown these barriers, uniting medical providers with others in the region and assisting them in delivering the highest quality care.
- The JHC system provides extensive data protection and permission controls to safeguard doctor-patient as well as doctor-patient-doctor relationships. Through JHC, referrals can be made along with notes and clinical summaries to further streamline provider collaboration on shared patients.
- JHC also facilitates clinical decision-making and improves population health and patient outcomes by bridging the gaps which previously prevented healthcare providers from obtaining meaningful, actionable data, providing alerts and notification of patient statuses and generating patient lists categorized by specific condition. It allows physicians to quickly analyze data on specific patient populations, providing perspective on the effectiveness of treatments among certain patient groups and tracking improvements in health.
- The network was designed to require minimal effort yet still deliver immense value – creating a single source for all of the information physicians need to provide the quality care patients – and physicians themselves – expect. It is a quick and effortless extension of caregivers’ current workflow, driving the efficiencies necessary to deliver value in healthcare.
- Through JHC, physicians will be able to achieve Meaningful Use requirements that are commonly missed by EMR systems alone.
- JHC uses a highly sophisticated, secure process to electronically exchange data among all types of healthcare providers, medical laboratories and imaging centers. Providers who use JHC to share data will experience greater efficiencies and higher quality care, and without treatment delays.
- The benefit of JHC participation is realized for physician practices already using EMRs, as the electronic data is connected and shared through their growing network. Participation in JHC also helps eliminate unnecessary or duplicative tests, saving money for patients, and ultimately, for providers as well, as they transition to an emerging payment model under accountable care.