Over 2 Million Online Transactions Are Completed Every Month Between New Jersey Patients & JHC Healthcare Providers
To better track and securely share patients’ complete medical histories, more and more healthcare providers are joining Health Information Organizations like Jersey Health Connect. JHC helps facilitate coordinated patient care, reduce duplicative treatments and avoid costly mistakes. This practice is growing among health providers because the need for electronic health information exchange is clear and the benefits of joining JHC are significant. The connectivity of JHC gives physicians and other care providers “instant access” to important health information about their patients including hospital discharge notifications, lab test results, X-ray, MRI and other imaging reports, physician transcription reports and referral information.
A few examples of JHC benefits include:
- Expedited decision-making through rapid and comprehensive access to clinically relevant patient health data — available anytime, anywhere.
- Improved quality of care processes and delivery through enhanced ability to assess, monitor, and direct treatment and services for patients.
- Expanded collaboration and care coordination across the continuum of care —from outpatient and inpatient settings, long-term care and ambulatory care, to the patient’s home.
- Increased flexibility, efficiency and accountability by enabling connectivity among care teams (providers and patients) at any time, no matter where services are provided.
Connecting Physician Offices Through The JHC Network
JHC was created by New Jersey providers for New Jersey providers, so we understand and appreciate the importance of maintaining control of data while still being able to exchange critical patient information. Key points about JHC for physicians to know, include:
- Jersey Health Connect is a non-profit health information exchange designed to give physicians improved reporting capabilities and enhanced connectivity to provide proactive, highly-coordinated and patient-centered care, all within their existing workflow.
- With JHC, physicians using most Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems can quickly and securely share information, helping to connect entire communities of providers together in a common network without the upfront implementation, IT staff and data center costs. JHC has effectively eliminated the costly barriers of HIE connectivity for its members and provides a solution that is adaptable and functional for physician practices of all sizes.
- Many of the hospitals and health systems in the JHC Network absorb a majority of the costs and associated expenses for their affiliated physicians and medical practices to participate in the HIE – leaving only one-time or minimal monthly fees to be a part of JHC.
- Across the care continuum, physician practices use a wide variety of EMRs and, until now, those disparate systems, which previously were unable to connect to one another, have prevented providers from sharing valuable patient information. JHC helps breakdown these barriers, uniting medical providers with others in the region and assisting them in delivering the highest quality care.
- The JHC system provides extensive data protection and permission controls to safeguard doctor-patient as well as doctor-patient-doctor relationships. Through JHC, referrals can be made along with notes and clinical summaries to further streamline provider collaboration on shared patients.
- JHC also facilitates clinical decision-making and improves population health and patient outcomes by bridging the gaps which previously prevented healthcare providers from obtaining meaningful, actionable data, providing alerts and notification of patient statuses and generating patient lists categorized by specific condition. It allows physicians to quickly analyze data on specific patient populations, providing perspective on the effectiveness of treatments among certain patient groups and tracking improvements in health.
- The network was designed to require minimal effort yet still deliver immense value – creating a single source for all of the information physicians need to provide the quality care patients – and physicians themselves – expect. It is a quick and effortless extension of caregivers’ current workflow, driving the efficiencies necessary to deliver value in healthcare.
- Through JHC, physicians will be able to achieve Meaningful Use requirements that are commonly missed by EMR systems alone.
- JHC uses a highly sophisticated, secure process to electronically exchange data among all types of healthcare providers, medical laboratories and imaging centers. Providers who use JHC to share data will experience greater efficiencies and higher quality care, and without treatment delays.
- The benefit of JHC participation is realized for physician practices already using EMRs, as the electronic data is connected and shared through their growing network. Participation in JHC also helps eliminate unnecessary or duplicative tests, saving money for patients, and ultimately, for providers as well, as they transition to an emerging payment model under accountable care.
If you have any questions or would like more information about Jersey Health Connect, please contact us at: